Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weaning off pacifier

Friday, 16. May 2008, 02:21:49

I have been wanting to wean Aidan from his pacifier cos he has been relying on it too much when he sleeps at night. So much that his pacifier will not drop out from his mouth when he goes into deep sleep. I heard people suggesting to me on cutting his pacifier off and putting chilli on his pacifier so I decided to try the former method on 14 May 2008. I gave him the cut pacifier and after sucking for a while, he must have realized it's not his usual pacifier so he took out and see and even put his finger inside the hole but he continued to chew on it (since he loves to bite things) and put in his mouth. I thought I failed but during sleeping time, he was tossing n turing uncomfortably since he didn't have his usual pacifier in his mouth and he must be so frustrated with the cut pacifier that he threw it on the bed and just went to sleep!!! I was so happy :) But he woke up twice crying which I managed to pacify him by carrying him to sleep for a while and he slept throughout after that.

I decided to persevere as I see some light at the end of the tunnel :p He didn't ask for his pacifier last night before going to sleep and he managed to sleep without it but he woke up in the middle of the night crying and again I quiet him down by carrying him a while and thereafter, he slept through again. I think I am getting there and hopefully he can really get rid of this habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment